Anal fissure is one of the common problems that cause discomfort and pain to the patient. Chronic anal fissure treatment may require an operation in Turkey to get rid of the problem permanently.
Anal fissure overview
Anal fissure (or the so-called anal fissure) is a small tear or fissure on the thin and weak border lining the end of the rectum or the anal canal that may extend to the anus, and this tear results in severe pain and bleeding during defecation.
Anal fissures are a common problem that affects 10% people at some point in their lives, and it affects both sexes without distinction.
Anal fissures can occur at any age, but it is most common in young children and adults aged 15-40 years. Anal fissures may be mixed with Anal hemorrhoids Sometimes.
An anal fissure may not be a serious problem and will go away automatically with simple home care within a few weeks (acute fissure), but if an anal fissure lasts more than 6 weeks without healing (chronic fissure) it will need medical treatment.
Causes of anal fissure and the mechanism of its formation
Most anal fissures result from the passage of a large amount of hard and hard stool from the anal canal and anus, so all factors that increase the hardness of stool are accused of causing anal fissures, such as:
- Chronic constipation
- low fiber diet
- Not drinking enough fluids
- Any cause that leads to a loss of body fluids (such as sweating associated with a fever)
Although most painful anal fissures caused by hard stool heal quickly, some people seem to have more muscle pressure around the anus (anal sphincter pressure), which reduces blood flow and prevents the skin from healing well.
Once an anal fissure develops, it will cause very severe pain during defecation, which increases the pressure of the anal sphincter more and more and slows down the healing of the anal fissure.
Other causes of an anal wound include:
- recurrent chronic diarrhea
- Trans-anal Interventions
- Pregnancy and Birth
- high pressure anal sphincter
- anal tumors
- rectal cancer
- Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis Or any inflammatory disease of the colon
- Rarely, sexually transmitted diseases (such as AIDS, syphilis, herpes)
Symptoms of an internal anal fissure
Common complaints of anal fissures include:
- anal pain; Which may be very severe and worsen during defecation and continue for minutes or hours afterwards
- hemorrhage; You may see some traces of red blood on your stools or on the toilet paper after defecating
- Burning or itching sensation in the anal area
If you experience any of the above symptoms, do not hesitate to contact usContact us, will Bimaristan Medical Center By referring you to the best centers specialized in treating anal fissures in Turkey.
Don't let embarrassment stop you from seeing your doctor. Anal fissures are a common problem that a doctor has been dealing with.
The anal fissure improves on its own and does not need treatment in most cases, but the doctor must examine it in order to evaluate it and distinguish it from another problem similar to it with symptoms are Anal hemorrhoids.
Chronic anal fissure complications
Among the possible complications of anal fissures:
- The incision extending into the adjacent muscles, causing difficulty in healing and severe pain.
- Chronic anal fissures can lead to cicatricial hyperplasia at the site of an anal fissure.
- Abnormal canals that connect the anus to nearby organs called anal fistulas may form.
- Anal stenosis can also occur either due to spasm of the anal sphincter or from shrinkage of the scar tissue that has formed.
Anal fissure diagnosis
Anal fissures can be detected after hearing the patient's complaint through a simple clinical examination. The examination may include the following procedures:
- Seeing the fissure immediately after removing the buttocks.
- anal touch; The examiner inserts the index finger through the anus after wearing gloves and using a lubricant.
- View the anus and rectum using a short, thin instrument called an anoscope.
Also can be made colonoscopy When an infection in the intestines, colon or rectum is suspected, it may be the cause of an anal fissure.
How to treat a chronic anal fissure in Turkey
Chronic anal fissure treatment without surgery
The doctor begins by trying to treat a chronic anal fissure without resorting to surgery by following one or more of the following steps:
- Eat natural foods rich in fiber to make your stools softer, and the patient can also take over-the-counter laxatives to facilitate defecation.
- Drinking plenty of water daily will prevent hard, hard stools from forming and aid recovery.
- Sitting in a sitz bath for 10-20 minutes after each defecation daily helps relax the anal sphincter.
- The doctor may prescribe topical medications such as lidocaine to relieve pain (preferably before going to the bathroom).
- Ointments to treat anal fissures such as nitroglycerin can be used to relax the anal sphincter and increase blood flow in the anal area in order to speed up the treatment of acute and chronic anal fissures.
- Injection of botulinum toxin type A (Botox) to paralyze the anal sphincter and relax the spasm.
A patient with a chronic anal fissure should not refrain from defecation even if it causes some pain, because this will increase constipation and then produce hard, hard stools that will worsen the situation.
Surgical treatment of chronic anal fissures
Surgery is indicated in cases of chronic anal fissures that are resistant to medications and other self-treatment. The doctor will re-examine to try to find out why other methods of treating chronic anal fissures have failed.
Anal surgery in Turkey is often resorted to when there is severe spasm in the anal sphincter or if one of the complications of a chronic anal fissure appears, such as the formation of scar tissue or a fistula at the site of the fissure.
Surgery usually involves cutting a small lateral part of the internal anal sphincter muscle to relieve pain and spasm and then allow the fissure to heal. This is called lateral internal sphincterotomy.
The success rate of this operation is considered high (9 out of 10 cases are cured at least).
Lateral internal anal sphincterectomy may carry some rare risks, such as temporary or permanent inability to control stool (faecal incontinence). Study The effectiveness of this process has been proven and superior to botulinum toxin injections in the permanent treatment of chronic anal fissures.
An anal fissure surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis, meaning that the patient can go home on the same day of the operation, and full recovery takes about a few weeks.
Laser fissure surgery in Turkey
The anal fissure is performed by laser for chronic cases as well, where the doctor cuts the internal sphincter muscle using a laser.
Which leads to a decrease in pressure on the incision, which helps to increase the blood supply, and therefore faster healing.
How to prevent a chronic anal fissure
Prevention of anal fissures is better than treatment. You may not always be able to avoid anal fissures, but you can certainly reduce your risk of anal fissures by taking the following health measures:
- Make sure the anal area is clean and dry.
- Use soft tools to dry the anal area after urinating, such as cotton.
- Follow a high-fiber diet such as fruits, vegetables, grains, coconut and others.
- Drink enough water daily (about 10-12 glasses of water).
- Exercise regularly to avoid constipation.
- Don't hold the faeces for long periods of time so that it does not become hard.
- Treat constipation or diarrhea as soon as they occur.
Why should I choose treatment in Turkey?Recently, Turkey has become one of the leading countries in the field of medical tourism in the world.
The reason for this is due to the presence of advanced medical centers that provide appropriate treatment by the most skilled doctors and the latest medical devices at a low cost.
Regarding what has been said, the medical center of Bimaristan Medical Center It is your first choice For treatment in Turkey.
We guide you to the best expert specialists in all departments.
We facilitate the language of communication between you and everyone through specialized Arab doctors who will help you communicate with your doctor.
We help you secure the right treatment and high-end service in the most modern hospitals and medical centers in Turkey.
We provide our services extensively and precisely.
We accompany you step by step towards recovery.
Free consultations around the clock.
don't hesitate toContact usBimaristan, your family center in Turkey.