Uterine diseases and its problems are among the most common global and gynecological diseases in particular, and hysterectomy is a solution to many of these problems, and Turkey has witnessed a rise in the success rates of hysterectomies with a significant decrease in deaths.
Overview of the uterus and female reproductive system
- labia majora
- labia minora
- Barthlon's glands
- the vagina
- the womb
- fallopian tubes
The function of the uterus is one of the most important functions for the continuation of human life on earth, as it provides an appropriate environment and incubation for the growth and development of the fetus before it can live on its own outside the mother’s body.
What is a hysterectomy and why is it performed?
After this operation, the woman will not be able to get pregnant and give birth in any way.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology and refractory to conventional treatment methods.
- Chronic pelvic pain: We resort to hysterectomy as a last resort for pelvic pain after exhausting other therapeutic solutions, as hysterectomy is a big step and it must be ensured that there is no other solution before doing it.
- uterine myomas Andfibroids: These are benign tumors that are very common in women of reproductive age. Hysterectomy due to fibroid is the definitive solution to this problem because often these tumors recur and reappear after other treatments.
- Prolapse (prolapse) of the uterusUterine prolapse leads to several problems, the most important of which are urinary problems in the patient.
- Endometriosis: It is the growth of tissue similar to the lining of the uterus outside the uterus, and a hysterectomy is performed in case of repeated recurrence of the condition.
- Cancers of the female reproductive system: including uterine cancers, I dont know, ovary Andthe vagina.
Are there alternatives to a hysterectomy?
Types of hysterectomy
- Partial or supracervical hysterectomy: Where only the uterus is removed and the cervix is preserved.
- Total hysterectomy: In this process, the uterus is removed and the entire cervix is removed.
- Total (total) hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Radical hysterectomy: In which the uterus, cervix, the upper part of the vagina and the adjacent lymphatic tissues and base are removed, and often the ovaries and fallopian tubes are removed with them. This method is often used as a final solution for the treatment of malignant or recurrent cancers.
How is a hysterectomy performed?
Compared to the rest of the methods, this method is the most dangerous and mixed. Infection of the wound, bleeding, blood clots, and damage to nerves and nearby tissues are among the most important complications of this operation. The patient also needs several days in the hospital until the wound heals completely, and recovery occurs within six weeks.
but scaling Recent Studies Despite the many complications of this operation, it remains a basic surgical method in the medical literature, despite the development of other methods.
Laparoscopic/Robot Assisted Hysterectomy
Complications and risks of hysterectomy
- Inflammation or infection of surgical incisions.
- Heavy bleeding during or after hysterectomy, but minor bleeding is normal.
- Damage to the urinary tract or to the adjacent intestine.
- Cardiac and respiratory problems caused by anesthesia.
Long-term complications of hysterectomy
Swelling and numbness at the incision site.
Abdominal sagging due to the surgical incision if it is from the abdomen.
Early menopause symptoms if the ovaries are removed.
What to expect next uterine removal surgery?
Why should I choose treatment in Turkey?
Turkey is distinguished by the presence of the best hospitals equipped with advanced technologies and a medical staff who has successfully performed this type of operation a large number of times.
Recently, Turkey has become one of the leading countries in the field of medical tourism in the world, due to the provision of appropriate treatment in advanced centers and at a low cost.
Bimaristan Medical Center It is your first choice For treatment in Turkey.
We guide you to the best expert specialists in all departments.
We facilitate the language of communication between you and everyone through specialized Arab doctors who will help you communicate with your doctor.
We help you secure the right treatment and high-end service in the most modern hospitals and medical centers in Turkey.
We provide our services extensively and precisely.
We accompany you step by step towards recovery.
Free consultations around the clock.
don't hesitate toContact usBimaristan, your family center in Turkey
Frequently asked questions about hysterectomy in Turkey
Is hysterectomy dangerous?
Hysterectomy is considered one of the safe operations, especially in Turkey, after the development of the treatment divorce greatly and the increase in medical and surgical experience over the previous years.
Does hysterectomy affect sexual intercourse and menstruation?
The effects of the operation vary according to the organs removed with the uterus. If the ovaries are removed, the menstrual cycle will be interrupted and the woman will enter menopause. It was before the hysterectomy, and with regard to intercourse, it is often not affected, except that in some cases the woman’s sexual desire decreases after the hysterectomy due to psychological or hormonal factors and may return after a while.
Are there other treatments that meet the purpose other than hysterectomy?
Doctors often resort to hysterectomy as a final solution to stubborn and relapsing diseases, but there are other treatments in the initial stages, such as excision of the local tumor, Kegel exercises, or various drug treatments, depending on the patient's condition.
How long does a hysterectomy take?
The hysterectomy takes about an hour if it was an open incision and with no invasive cancer.
But if the operation was by endoscopy or there was invasive cancer, it may take more than that.
What are the disadvantages of hysterectomy?
In the case of hysterectomy without the ovaries, there is no harm from hysterectomy other than the inability to have children.
In the case of hysterectomy with the ovaries, this will lead to early menopause symptoms.
What is the cost of laparoscopic fibroid removal in Turkey?
The cost of excision ranges fibroma By laparoscopy in Turkey about 40 thousand Turkish lira.