What is meant by botox injections?
Botox is produced by the bacteria C. botulinum, which is found naturally in many places around us. These microorganisms do not cause any damage until they become active under certain conditions and begin to produce botulinum toxin. This poison has neurological properties as it is able to kill a person and paralyze his muscles by completely disabling the activity of the nerve feeding them.
What is the mechanism of action of Botox?
Various uses of Botox
It is well known and popular among people nowadays is the cosmetic uses of Botox. As correcting wrinkles in various parts of the body. It takes 7 to 14 days for the results of the injection to appear and its effect is temporary. The value of Botox cosmetic surgery lasts from 3 months to a year. After that, the cosmetic procedure must be repeated to obtain the same result.
- The area between the eyebrows known as the frown area. The forehead usually appears wrinkled and tightened when angry and thinking.
- The corners of the eyes and the smile line area, also known as crow's feet, where wrinkles can be seen when laughing and smiling.
- Forehead wrinkles.
- Wrinkles on the cheeks, which usually appear in the elderly.
- Wrinkles at the corners of the mouth that are usually noticed when losing weight at a large rate.
Medical indications for Botox injections
Botox has a great therapeutic value as it is considered an effective treatment for muscle spasms and helps to relax them, and not only to reduce signs of aging and wrinkles. Among these uses:
- Cramps in the neck and upper extremities, which lead to twisting of the head and are accompanied by severe pain.
- Lazy eyes and strabismus.
- Muscular stiffness associated with some neurodegenerative diseases. Some children are born with cerebral palsy, which later develops stiff limbs that become tight and painful for them. Botox injections work to relax and relax their muscles.
- Eliminate excessive sweating even if the weather is not hot.
- Chronic migraines. If you have a migraine headache that lasts more than 4 hours a day repeatedly for 15 days to a month, Botox injections may help reduce it.
- You need Botox injections to treat urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Constant blinking in the eye as a result of muscle eyelid spasms.
- Nervous esophageal stricture (Achalasia) treatment. Injecting him with botulinum toxin relaxes his involuntary muscles and makes swallowing possible.
How is Botox given in Turkey?
- You have any allergy to poison or its derivatives. You may develop an allergy if you are exposed to bacteria in food or have had previous experiences with Botox.
- If the person has skin infections on the part where Botox will be injected.
- People who suffer from frequent urinary infections and have difficulty urinating for neurogenic bladder conditions.
Are there any complications or side effects?
- Slight pain and bluish bruising at the injection site.
- Headache and heaviness in the head.
- Eyelids drooping and drooping, but it gets better within days.
- Feeling of pain and upset stomach.
- Dryness in the lips and eyes.
- Vision disturbance and duplication when treating amblyopia.
- Difficulty breathing and using facial muscles.
- Vision disturbances even though the Botox injections were nowhere near as good.
- Difficulty speaking and swallowing.
- Difficulty controlling the bladder or involuntary urination.
The effectiveness and cost of Botox injections in Turkey
- The readiness of the clinic or hospital and its efficiency.
- Purpose of treatment: medical or cosmetic?
- The patient's condition and the percentage of the defect found as it controls the amount of Botox used.