Turkey has developed in the field of neurological rehabilitation for patients who suffer from brain or spinal cord injury that hinders their normal life, as Turkey provides special centers for treatment.
Who needs to perform physical therapy and neurological rehabilitation?
- Vascular causes such as ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke
- Infections affecting the nervous system, such as meningitis or encephalitis
- Central nervous system injury (brain and spinal cord trauma)
- Nervous system tumors such as gliomas andbrain tumors the other
- Parkinson's disease Degenerative brain diseases such as Alzheimer's
- Diseases affecting the myelin sheath, such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- structural disorders like Bell's paralysis or carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myasthenia gravis and peripheral nerve injuries
Levels of Neurological Rehabilitation in Turkey
Neurological rehabilitation methods used in Turkey
Movement Therapy Induced Restrictions CIMT
This program is usually conducted over a period of two weeks through several sessions, each session takes about 3 hours, and this method is not used to treat children only, but can be used at all ages. A number of Studies about this method.
Weight-supported treadmill training
It is one of the good ways to improve overall physical performance and reduce muscle weakness. The patient stands on the treadmill equipped with low degrees of speed, wearing a belt around his stomach, and then walks at light speeds in order to stimulate the nervous response and reduce muscle weakness. Of course, this is done under Supervision of specialized technicians, where a technician monitors the back and abdomen area and its fixation, and other technicians monitor the movement of the lower limbs.
Speech and language problems treatment
Vision rehabilitation to correct vision problems
Noninvasive Brain Stimulation Program
Read more about deep brain stimulation from Here.
Objectives of Neurological Rehabilitation Programs in Turkey
- Improving the body's motor functions and reducing the deficit
- Treatment of communication, speech and vision disorders
- Restore and improve quality of life and ability to perform daily tasks
- Treatment of disorder at the level of the sphincters
- Improve intellectual functions, memory and learning ability
- Management of movement disorders, gait and muscle weakness
Why should I choose treatment in Turkey?
Frequently Asked Questions About Physiotherapy And Neuro Rehabilitation In Turkey
What do we mean by neurological rehabilitation?
Neurorehabilitation is a group of treatments aimed at improving the quality of life and reducing the symptoms and degree of disability experienced by the patient.
What is the difference between physical therapy and physical therapy?
In fact, there is no difference between physical therapy and physical therapy, as both are terms that refer to the same meaning, which is treatment through exercises, massage and manual therapy.
Who is a candidate for neurological rehabilitation?
- Nervous system diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Vascular disorders (ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke)
- brain tumor
What is the purpose of physical therapy and rehabilitation after nerve injury?
Physiotherapy and neuromuscular rehabilitation aims to rehabilitate the peripheral and central nervous system with the aim of improving the quality of life, relieving symptoms, restoring independence and reducing the degree of disability suffered by the patient as much as possible.