Robotic surgery for kidney cancer treatment in Turkey using the latest technologies available in the world, the right patient for the procedure, its features and all the details you want to know about the operation.
It is considered kidney cancer Among the common cancers, the incidence of which increases dramatically, is more frequent in the fifth and seventh decades, and affects men in general more than women.
We provide you with information about the best and latest methods available in Turkey to treat kidney cancer, which is robotic surgery.
Robotic Nephronectomy for Kidney Cancer in Turkey
In order to perform an open nephrectomy (in medical parlance, a radical nephrectomy is called a nephrectomy), the doctor makes an incision on the patient that can be up to 35-40 cm in length.
Especially during a large cancer resection, sometimes the twelfth rib must be removed through the same incision.
This medical procedure will be followed by prolonged pain and numbness around the surgical site due to damage to the muscles and nerves during this large surgical incision.
Besides, recovery will be delayed. In addition, the possibility of a hernia after surgery increases which also causes discomfort and affects the patient's quality of life and needs an operation to treat it.
After the USA and EU countries (Germany), laparoscopic kidney surgery is nowadays used as a standard surgical procedure in hospitals in Turkey as well.
However, thanks to the therapeutic technological advantages it offers da Vinci robot For advanced urology, robotic surgery has emerged in the treatment of kidney cancer.
In terms of efficiency and effectiveness of the procedure, there is no significant difference between a radical nephrectomy (which is the complete removal of the kidney) and other robotic or traditional laparoscopic surgery that is performed forkidney cancers. However, robot therapy aims to perform surgery to remove kidney cancers using a high definition 3D vision system that is magnified 10 to 15 times and advanced robotic arms that eliminate any tremors in the hand and can move in many directions like the hand.
The main surgery in which the robotic surgery technique offers a special technical advantage is nephron-sparing surgery forkidney cancer Also called partial nephrectomy.
The fine filtration systems in the kidneys are called the nephrons, and each kidney contains approximately one million of them.
The surgical method in which only the cancerous tumor is removed, in which the nephron is preserved, and therefore it is called resection of the tumor that avoids the nephron.
What are the advantages of treating kidney cancer with a robotic radical nephrectomy?
- Due to the location of the kidney behind the peritoneum, this procedure is performed in an area outside the peritoneum, there is no risk of infection of the intestine
- A short hospital stay and a quick recovery for patients usually
- Less pain and less need for painkillers after surgery
- The ability to do the daily routine in a short time
- The result of small surgical incisions, better cosmetic results
- 3D vision, high definition screen
- And also a magnifying glass
- Surgery using robotic arms that eliminates the shiver that doctors may have
- The surgery is performed by inserting long robotic arms into the body that can easily maneuver in 7 directions and multiple angles like hands
What is robotic surgery to treat kidney cancer?
This technique can be used privately for kidney cancer 4 cm in diameter or smaller, depending on their location in the kidneys. Our goal here is to remove only the cancer tissue and leave the healthy part of the kidney to the patient, while keeping the cancerous cells under control. However, thanks to our recent experiments in laparoscopic and robotic surgeries, we are now able to partially remove benign or cancerous masses from the kidneys that are 6-7 cm in diameter, while preserving the remaining healthy part of the kidney.
In the past ten years, the surgical practice of laparoscopic technique has expanded greatly: previously only resections were performed, during which the unhealthy renal tissue (cancer) was completely removed; But now more complex reconstructive surgeries (such as extraction kidney cancer Just). The usual practice in localized kidney tumors that can be performed with organ-sparing (kidney) surgery technique is open partial nephrectomy.
Thanks to the increasing experience with intracorporeal suturing (suture and knot tying within the body) and advanced endoscopic vascular devices used during the laparoscopic technique, it has become easier to treat a partial nephrectomy by laparoscopic technique in certain patients. So, today, even in the small cancer, we can perform laparoscopic kidney cancer surgery through 3 or 4 holes (one 1.2 cm, one 1.0 cm and one or two 0.5 cm) and keep healthy tissue behind, and only excise the cancer.
In the long and medium term of the scientific follow-ups that are done to control and treat cancer, laparoscopy has been certified as a technique that can be used safely and comfortably. However, nowadays after learning about the advantages of the system da Vinci robot, the nephrologist started andbladder Her surgery will take advantage of these advantages offered by the da Vinci robot system to repair damaged tissues, vessels, and damaged urinary ducts, which occur after resection of the cancerous segment of the kidney.
While the tumor tissue is excised and the remaining portion is fixed with sutures, the renal artery is tightened to prevent bleeding. The kidneys cannot get a blood supply during this time (the kidneys can go 15-20 minutes without blood flowing). During this period, the surgeon removes the kidney cancer tissue without posing any cancer control risk, and then repairs the damage in this area. The surgeon must have extensive experience with laparoscopy and the use of robotics for treatment in order to perform these steps.
Because endoscopic repair of kidney tissue that is highly perfused during this period is a very difficult technique to master. However, a urologist can (bladder The experienced nephrologist who performs the laparoscopic technique while taking advantage of the technological advantages of the da Vinci system can easily overcome these challenges, thanks to this new technological assistance.
Here is a list of the latest technological advantages of the da Vinci system, and the reasons why an experienced laparoscopic surgeon can overcome the challenges while racing against time during partial nephrectomy, as follows:
- The da Vinci system is able to distinguish the boundaries of tumor tissue, usually with the help of a three-dimensional (3D) display system, rather than two-dimensional laparoscopic images.
- Thanks to advances in display and high-resolution 3D imaging technologies, tumors can be removed with a greater awareness of their depth and area
- The suturing is performed using robotic arms, which increase the control of doctors so that it is carried out without tremors
- The device uses robotic arms that have 540 degrees of articulation. The tumor can be quickly sutured regardless of the location of the tumor, thanks to the depth perception provided by this system.
Some indications that prevent partial removal of kidney cancer:
- cases kidney cancer synchronous duo.
- Patients with a single kidney (only one kidney) diagnosed with nephroma (no unilateral kidney formation or removal of the opposite kidney previously).
- A second kidney tumor is out of order or not working.
- Having diseases that may pose a risk of kidney impairment in the future (for example - diabetes, high blood pressure and other diseases).
- Small tumors that tend to extend outward.
- Cancer begins at an early age.
- A family history of kidney cancer (genetic susceptibility).
Bimaristan Medical Center remains your first choice for treatment in Turkey.
We direct you to the best specialists who are experts in all fields, we break the language barrier, Arab specialist doctors will help you in communicating with your doctor, we help you book an appointment in the most important and modern hospitals in Turkey, we offer our services to secure hotel reservations for you and your companions, in addition to transportation, we help you secure a travel visa for you for free.
We provide our services throughout Turkey, the best place to provide you with treatment is our destination.
We will be with you step by step towards recovery.
Free consultations around the clock.
Do not hesitate to contact us, Bimaristan Your Family Center in Turkey. You can also read about Available treatments surgeryProstate cancer in Turkey.
To know more about The latest treatment methods in Turkey.