Tonsillectomy is one of the most important procedures used in the treatment of tonsillitis in children or even adults. The patient can currently perform this operation in Turkey in minutes.
The process of tonsillectomy, or what is known as “tonsillectomy”, is one of the surgical procedures in which the tonsils are removed from the patient’s throat, usually the tonsils are removed with the developing ones that are located behind the nose and share the same immune function with the tonsils, so it is called “the process of tonsils and adenoids.” “.
The tonsils are two small glands located at the back of the mouth (one tonsil on each end) that contain white blood cells, and they are a small part of the body's immune system, so removing them does not significantly increase the risk of infections.
Although tonsillectomy appears to be associated with Tonsillitis in children However, it can also be done For adults when they have tonsillitisIn fact, the operation may be preferable to adults because the tonsils lose their function and atrophy with age.
In any case, a tonsillectomy can be performed at all ages if the tonsils have a disease that requires their removal.
Tonsillectomy can be carried out in the hospital and return home on the same day. Patients are given general anesthesia before the tonsillectomy is performed, meaning that he will be asleep during the operation. The tonsillectomy is complete in most cases, but the eradication can be partial in some cases.
When should tonsils be removed?
The tonsils are two immune organs that help fight bacterial infections and viruses, but removing them does not affect the health of the body and does not make it more susceptible to diseases. Tonsillectomy is used when:
- Recurrent, chronic, or severe tonsillitis
- Complications of enlarged tonsils, such as difficulty breathing and sleep apnea
- Infection of the tonsils with a rare disease such as tonsil cancer
- bleeding tonsils
It has been clarified Studies Sleep apnea is one of the most common reasons why the patient needs surgery to remove the tonsils.
Benefits of tonsillectomy in Turkey
Removing the tonsils has many benefits. Removal of the tonsils in children or adults will reduce the occurrence of additional attacks of tonsillitis, which may improve the overall health of the patient.
After a tonsillectomy in Turkey, the patient may continue to have a sore throat, but the number of infections will be much less than before.
How to perform a tonsillectomy in Turkey
Considering that tonsillectomy in Turkey is performed under general anesthesia, your child will be asleep for the duration of the tonsillectomy and will not feel any pain.
The doctor places a small tool in the child’s mouth to keep it open during the tonsillectomy. There are several ways to remove the tonsils, each of which has different benefits and harms, including:
- Cold surgical dissection: It is the traditional method. The tonsils are completely removed with a surgical scalpel, then the bleeding is stopped with surgical stitches or an electrocoagulator. Watch Video Explains the procedure.
- Electrocoagulation: Tonsils are removed by heat to stop the bleeding.
- Ultrasound (combinative scalpel): Ultrasound waves are used to make the scalpel vibrate in such a way that the tonsils are removed and the bleeding stopped at the same time.
- Carbon Dioxide Laser: It is called the laser almond operation, and it is characterized by the fact that it does not require general anesthesia, but local anesthesia is sufficient. It is also lighter in pain and takes a shorter time.
The duration of a tonsillectomy in Turkey ranges between 20-30 minutes, depending on how it is performed.
Tonsillectomy is performed by an ear, nose and throat surgeon.
Symptoms after tonsillectomy
Tonsillectomy is generally not considered dangerous. However, risks or complications of tonsillectomy for children or adults may include:
- Swollen tongue and soft palate
- Surgery site infection or sore throat
- Complications from the drug
Contact your doctor if you feel any problem or if sleep disturbances persist after tonsillectomy surgery in Turkey.
Advice after tonsillectomy
You can manage pain and get good surgical results after tonsillectomy in Turkey by following the following procedures:
- You may feel pain after a tonsillectomy because the effect of the anesthetic wears off. Use the pain relievers prescribed by the doctor regularly. Most children have a sore throat for about 10 days after the operation.
- Drink plenty of water or other fluids such as natural juice to avoid dehydration. Ice cubes may be a good option because they help reduce inflammation as well.
- Eating may be difficult after a tonsillectomy, but make sure you get good nutrition for a full recovery. Eat soft foods that are easy to chew and swallow, such as mashed potatoes, yogurt, ice cream, soup, or scrambled eggs. Avoid spicy, sour, or hard foods that It may cause pain to the patient or bleeding.
- Get enough rest after a tonsillectomy for a few days and stop working and engaging in strenuous activities and sports for about three or four days and then start returning to your daily life gradually.
- You can return to work or school after 10-14 days, but avoid crowded places and people with colds or smokers so that you do not catch any infection during the recovery period.
Why should I choose treatment in Turkey?Recently, Turkey has become one of the leading countries in the field of medical tourism in the world.
The reason for this is due to the presence of advanced medical centers that provide appropriate treatment by the most skilled doctors and the latest medical devices at a low cost.
and stay Bimaristan Medical Center It is your first choice For treatment in Turkey.
We guide you to the best expert specialists in all departments.
We facilitate the language of communication between you and everyone through specialized Arab doctors who will help you communicate with your doctor.
We help you secure the right treatment and high-end service in the most modern hospitals and medical centers in Turkey.
We provide our services extensively and precisely.
We accompany you step by step towards recovery.
Free consultations around the clock.
don't hesitate toContact usBimaristan, your family center in Turkey.
Frequently asked questions about tonsillectomy in Turkey
Is almond operation dangerous?
Like other surgical procedures, tonsillectomy may carry some risks, but it is rare:
- Swelling of the tongue and soft palate
- Infection at the surgical site
- Complications from the drug
How long does a tonsillectomy take in Turkey?
The operation to remove the tonsils lasts 20-30 minutes, the duration of the operation depends mainly on the method of performing it.
Is the throat sore after tonsillectomy?
A sore throat and fever often occur after a tonsillectomy that may last for several days. This is normal and does not cause panic because the operation involves two surgical sites in the child's throat.
When will the wound of the tonsil process heal?
It takes about 10-12 days for a tonsillectomy wound to heal and stop bleeding permanently.