The dhi technique for hair transplantation is one of the latest techniques in the cosmetic medical field in Turkey, as it has a significant role in solving the problem of baldness for many people, especially men.
More than 85% of men will suffer from weakness and hair loss by age 50, and more than 50% of women will suffer from significant hair loss at some point in their lives. Therefore, it is necessary to resort to a final and radical solution that addresses this problem: hair transplantation, especially the DHI technique.
Initially, such operations were performed in complex ways with unsatisfactory results and many complications. However, with recent medical developments, hair transplant operations such as the DHI technique have become comparable to natural hair, especially in Turkey. In this article, learn the details of the dhi technique for hair transplantation and for whom it is performed in Turkey.
What is the DHI technique for hair transplantation?
The dhi technique of hair transplantation or what is called Direct Hair Transplant Direct Hair Implantation is a modification and development of the technique of picking (or the so-called fue technique for hair transplantation), wherein the dhi technique, a tiny slice is separated from the hair-giving area and implanted directly in the hair-free area.
The DHI hair transplant technique is characterized by being an alternative method of surgery in which a surgical scalpel is not used at all. A specific device called a Choi pen is used instead. Therefore, this method is also called the Choi pen technique for hair transplantation.
The difference between FUE and DHI hair transplantation
The DHI hair transplantation technique is a development and modernization of the FUE technique, which is still widely used in this field. Therefore, it is necessary to compare the most important differences between these two technologies shown in the following table:
|DHI hair transplant||FUE hair transplant|
|Hair follicles are extracted and transplanted at the same time||Extracting and transplanting hair follicles is done in two separate steps|
|No sharp surgical instrument is used||Sharp surgical tools are used|
|There is no need for haircuts||Hair must be shaved|
|The duration of the operation is less||The duration of the operation is more|
|The number of transplanted bulbs is about 80-90 bulbs per square centimeter||The number of implanted bulbs is about 60 bulbs per square centimeter|
|Neither blood pressure nor blood sugar affects the procedure||Blood pressure and blood sugar affect the procedure|
|The tools used in the process are Choi pens, which are used to harvest the follicles and plant them directly||The tool used is a micromotor, which is used to soften the follicles before extracting them|
For whom is the DHI technique for hair transplantation performed?
There are many reasons, whether pathological or cosmetic, that prompt people to undergo surgery Hair transplantation using DHI technique Or whatever it's called The modified technique of the fue techniqueThe most prominent of these reasons are the following:
- Androgenetic alopecia (androgenetic alopecia): It is a hereditary condition that mainly affects males and rarely affects women due to its connection to male hormones. It is considered one of the most common causes of baldness, but it is good to say that direct hair transplantation using the DHI technique has achieved a very great benefit in treating hereditary baldness.
- Wounds and skin burns of all kinds, mainly if they include a large scalp area.
DHI preparations for hair transplantation
The necessary precautions must be taken before any interference, even if it is simple, in order to avoid any complications that may occur during or after the hair transplant. The most important of these procedures are:
- A complete blood test (CBC) that includes a count of red and white blood cells, as well as platelets.
- Analysis of blood gases and blood sugar levels.
- Liver function analysis ALT, AST.
- To avoid any bleeding, many medications, especially blood thinners, must be stopped.
- Improving tissue perfusion by drinking plenty of fluids and stopping smoking for two weeks before the operation.
Steps of DHI Hair Transplant (Modified FUE) Technique in Türkiye
There are many steps involved in performing an operation Direct hair transplantation using DHI technology After the patient is admitted to the sterile operating room, these steps, in order, are:
- The doctor sterilizes the donor and hair recipient areas to avoid infection or infection.
- The surgeon then performs local anesthesia of the donor and recipient areas in the scalp with xylocaine 2% with adrenaline to prolong the effect of the anesthetic used.
- Determine the locations of the slices that will be removed from the donor area (usually from the back of the scalp or the sides) and the places of implantation in the bald or recipient area, in addition to making tiny holes that represent the receiving areas, using an excellent needle.
- After that, the surgeon begins to remove a microchip with a diameter of about 0.5 mm using a Choi pen and implant it directly in the previously prepared recipient sites (no surgical scalpel is used to open the skin), and the extraction and implantation process is repeated until the entire bald area is covered.
The dhi technique for hair transplantation takes about 4 hours, but this period is subject to change due to the different areas of the area in need of hair transplantation from one patient to another.
Tips after DHI hair transplantation
There are some necessary instructions that must be followed after direct hair transplantation using the DHI technique, especially in the first days after transplantation. The most important of these tips are:
- You may take painkillers because the scalp is often sore after a hair transplant.
- You must adhere to the antibiotics prescribed by the doctor to prevent infection that may occur in the donor or recipient area of the scalp, in addition to anti-inflammatory drugs to control the formed swelling.
- You may notice hair loss 2-3 weeks after the transplant, but this loss is considered normal and makes room for new hair growth.
- Certain medications, such as minoxidil or finasteride, may be given in addition to Plasma injection In the scalp, which improves hair regrowth and reduces future loss, and in some patients who do not benefit well, we may resort to other treatment methods such as Stem cell hair transplant.
- Returning to work and daily activities generally within a few days after the dhi hair transplantation (choi pens) is possible.
DHI hair transplant success rate
The dhi technique for hair transplantation is one of the best techniques currently used in this field due to its excellent cosmetic results, as the transplanted hair is almost identical to natural hair without traces or scars on the scalp.
The success rate of the dhi technique for hair transplantation varies according to the experience of the doctor who operates and the development of the devices in the medical center where this operation is performed. If these conditions are met, the success rate may reach 100%, as in the specialized medical centers in Turkey.
The results of the dhi hair transplant process appear almost entirely after about 8-12 months of the procedure. Below is a picture of the hair transplant patient before and after the dhi technique.
Disadvantages of the DHI technique for hair transplantation
We consider dhi hair transplantation (Hair transplant with Choi pens) is relatively safe and rarely causes any harm after the operation, but some complications may occur in some patients, including:
- The adverse reaction to local anesthesia is of psychological origin as it is entirely safe, linked to the patient's fear and anxiety, and has nothing to do with sensitivity to the anesthetic used.
- Infection in the donor or recipient area is rarely severe.
- Hair loss shock is a temporary condition that occurs suddenly, about 2-3 weeks after the operation and heals automatically within 3-4 months.
- Undesirable sparse appearance if the hair is transplanted in a way that does not simulate natural hair growth.
- Sensation changes in the transplanted area.
- Swelling of the scalp.
- dizziness or lightheadedness;
DHI hair transplant cost in Türkiye
Recently, and with the medical development taking place in the world, it became possible to perform the dhi technique for hair transplantation (the technique modified for the fue technique) with great accuracy, especially in Turkey, which is currently the best country in this field. The cost of hair transplantation using dhi technology in Istanbul starts from 1200 USD, depending on the patient’s condition and the area of the affected area, in addition to the center where this operation is performed.
The dhi technique for hair transplantation in Istanbul-Turkey is characterized by the fact that it is performed under the supervision of doctors specializing in plastic surgery and dermatology, in addition to the modern medical devices available in Turkish specialized centers.
In the end, we must say that despite the prevalence of the problem of baldness and the social embarrassment it brings with it in front of people, it is not an inevitable fate that you have to live with at the present time. Many people have been successfully treated using the DHI hair transplantation technique in Turkey, which is During which they were able to regain their natural appearance within a very short period.