Veneers are thin, cosmetic veneers that are custom-made and installed on the front face of the teeth to improve their appearance, and they are considered one of the most important cosmetic dental treatments in Turkey.
Where the veneers can change the color, shape, size and length of the teeth and hide dental problems such as discoloration, cracks and misplacement, for some people, damage to the front teeth or changing their color can affect their self-confidence or self-esteem. On a radiant smile.
Facials can be applied to one tooth or many teeth at the same time, and getting veneers usually requires three visits to the dentist, one for a consultation and two for the veneers to be made and applied.
What is a veneers lens?
veneers contact lenses veneer Formulas designed to help mask or correct dental problems including:
- Teeth that have changed color due to:
- Root canal treatment
- tetracycline patches or other medicines
- fluorescent spot
- Multicolored large composite fillings
- other reasons
- worn out teeth
- Broken or cracked teeth
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or anatomically shaped (with pits or bulges)
- Teeth that have spaces between them (to fill the space between these teeth)
Dental veneers help improve the appearance of a person's teeth and are useful for people who want a long-term solution to cosmetic problems, especially those that do not respond to other dental treatments such as Teeth whitening or orthodontics.
During the preparation process the dentist usually removes a small amount of enamel (the protective outer covering of the teeth) which is why once the dentist has placed the veneers the person cannot remove them and choose to stop using them.
Types of veneers in Turkey
They are of two types: porcelain veneers and resin/composite veneers.
Porcelain or zirconium veneers are a durable, thin ceramic covering that a dentist can place over the top and edges of teeth.
To install it, the dentist removes a little of the tooth enamel before placing it, and the porcelain veneers have the same color as natural teeth with the possibility of making them whiter to lighten the smile, which may last for 20 years.
These are resin veneers, similar to porcelain veneers, but they are cheaper and require less enamel removal. Sometimes the dentist may not have to remove any enamel before placing the resin veneers, and they last for 5 years on average.
Resin veneer is usually easier to replace than porcelain veneer if it is broken or damaged, but the disadvantage is that it may become discolored over time, unlike porcelain veneers that have greater color stability and durability according to statment The American Health Organization, in addition to providing a slightly more natural, tooth-like appearance.
The type of veneers a person chooses depends on their budget, needs, and preferences. Your dentist can help determine the type of veneers that best suit them.
What is the difference between veneers? and crowns and implants?
Veneers mainly cover the front part of the tooth while crowns cover the entire tooth including the front, back and all sides. Crowns also help in strengthening the teeth that cover them. As a result, dentists use dental crowns to repair broken teeth with little remaining structure.
while Implants They are screw-like structures that attach to the jawbone to replace missing teeth. They are used if there is a tooth that cannot be treated and must be extracted.
That is, dentists use crowns to build teeth that have been severely damaged, while implants replace missing teeth, and veneers work to improve the appearance of teeth that are still healthy.
How are veneers made in Turkey?
according toAmerican Dental Association The way dental veneers are performed depends on the type of face the person chooses.
To make it, the dentist first removes some enamel and takes an impression of the teeth to make a mold. After this visit, the mold will be sent to the laboratory who makes the appropriate porcelain veneers as requested. The dentist may place temporary veneers on the teeth while the person waits for the laboratory to make the permanent veneers.
At the next appointment, the dentist will assess whether or not the veneers are suitable and have a good color, make any adjustments as needed, and then install the veneers on the teeth.
To make it the dentist will start withCleaning the gums and teeth After preparing the teeth, the resin will be glued and sculpted with color adjustment so that the veneers will look natural in the person's mouth.
The dentist will then use a light to harden the resin. Once the veneers have hardened, the dentist will smooth and polish them so they look like natural teeth.
Features of veneers lens
Veneers offer many benefits:
- Helps to get a natural and attractive smile
- I showed Study The gums accept biologically the porcelain material formed for veneer
- Porcelain faces remain white and do not change color with time
- It does not require as much preparation as it does crowns
- The possibility of choosing a color that makes dark teeth appear whiter
Risks of veneers
The disadvantages of dental veneers include:
- The operation cannot be undone
- More expensive than composite fillings
- Veneers usually cannot be repaired if damaged
- It may cause sensitivity of the teeth to hot and cold foods and drinks as a result of removing a layer from the surface of the enamel
- It may not exactly match the color of your other teeth and the color of the veneers cannot be changed once they are in place, if you plan towhitening your teeth You need to do this before making veneers
- Scales can break off and fall, to reduce the chance of this happening don't bite your nails, chew on pencils, ice or other hard objects, and don't put too much pressure on your teeth
- When teeth with veneers are exposed to cavities, it may require full coverage of the tooth with the crown
- Not a good choice for people with unhealthy teeth (cavities or active gum disease) or weak teeth (due to cavities, fractures or large dental fillings) and not for those who do not have enough enamel
- People who suffer from bruxism and constantly press on their teeth are poor candidates for porcelain faces because this can cause the veneers to break or crack easily.
Aftercare after getting veneers installed
After placing the dental veneers, the doctor may want to follow up on the condition and check it periodically to make sure that the veneers remain in place and that they are comfortable for the one who puts them.
In the case of using resin faces, a person should avoid coffee, tea, red wine, as well as other things that can discolor the teeth to make the veneers last longer.
Your dentist in Turkey may advise:
- Avoid biting hard objects
- Avoid biting nails
- Use a mouth guard
- Avoid gnashing of teeth
- Chewing very hard foods
- Open things with teeth
A person may feel rough with the veneers when they are installed. This feeling should disappear over time. If this does not happen, they can ask the dentist to smooth them out. These rough spots often appear due to the dentist leaving layers of excess binder on the veneers.
A person should beware of developing caries despite the presence of veneers, so it is important to maintain good oral hygiene, including brushing twice daily and flossing once daily.
With proper care, a person can expect dental veneers to last from 7 to 15 years, after this time a person may need to replace them, but the duration of their veneers may vary depending on the materials the dentist uses and how well the person takes care of them.